Changes to adoption operations during COVID-19 pandemic:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are updating some of our adoption procedures until further notice:
- For the safety of our volunteers, we will only allow visitors who have booked an appointment and/or submitted an adoption application to visit the shelter — no exceptions. Please call 204-255-6896 or email [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance to arrange a visit.
- Due to the current Orange level restrictions in the city of Winnipeg, we kindly ask that you wear a mask while visiting the store.
- Anyone visiting the store will be asked to immediately wash their hands and to use hand sanitizer before and after handling any of the animals.
- We kindly ask that anyone exhibiting cold or flu symptoms please refrain from visiting our shelter building.
- We still require a home check to be done for all adoptions, but some will be done by Skype/Facetime if possible. All cats must be met in person at the adoption centre prior to adoption.
- If you are waiting for a response to an application or home check, please give us a little extra time as we are working through this.
- We will still respond to the direst of cases (Siamese cats in kill pounds) as much as we can afford to and of course, we will continue to readmit any RS alumni cats back into our care at a moment’s notice if required.
How can you help during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Consider calling in a direct credit card donation to any one of the veterinary clinics that we use: Anderson Animal Hospital 204-237-4555
Pembina Veterinary Hospital 204-452-9427 or
Academy Road Spay and Neuter Clinic 204-487-1477
- Next time you are buying food for your pets, buy something for the shelter or call in a food/litter donation to Pet Valu across the city of Winnipeg: Sage Creek 204-257-2724
Southdale 204-254-6575 or
- Become a monthly donor by clicking on the PayPal link below.