Changes to adoption operations during COVID-19 pandemic:
In light of the Code Red status of the COVID-19 pandemic in Winnipeg and surrounding areas, we are updating some of our adoption procedures until further notice:
- For the safety of our volunteers, we will only allow visitors who have an approved adoption application to visit the shelter — no exceptions. If you are interested in adopting a specific cat, please fill out an online adoption application. For all other inquiries, please email [email protected]
- Contactless supply drop-offs and raw food pick-ups will still be done at the adoption centre. We kindly ask that you please e-mail us at [email protected] for raw food scheduling and availability.
- Due to the current Red level restrictions, we require that you wear a mask while visiting the store. No exceptions.
- Only two visitors are allowed to enter the store at any given time.
- Anyone visiting the store will be asked to immediately wash their hands and to use hand sanitizer before and after handling any of the animals.
- We kindly ask that anyone who has come in contact with a Covid-positive individual, has recently travelled outside the province, or exhibiting cold/flu symptoms please refrain from visiting our shelter building. Please do not visit our adoption centre if someone in your household is self-isolating.
- We still require a home check to be done for all adoptions, but some will be done by Skype/Facetime if possible. All cats must be met in person at the adoption centre prior to adoption.
- If you are waiting for a response to an application or home check, please give us a little extra time as we are working through multiple applications on volunteer time.
- We will still respond to the direst of cases (Siamese cats in kill pounds) as much as we can afford to and of course, we will continue to readmit any RS alumni cats back into our care at a moment’s notice if required.
How can you help during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Consider calling in a direct credit card donation to any one of the veterinary clinics that we use:
Next time you are buying food for your pets, buy something for the shelter or call in a food/litter donation to Pet Valu across the city of Winnipeg:
- Become a monthly donor by clicking on the PayPal link below.